Edwards Lifesciences Sr. Manager, Global Clinical Trial Screening TMTT in Irvine, California
This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional Senior Manager, Global Clinical Trial Patient Screening professional to join a team that is boldly designing transcatheter mitral and tricuspid therapies (TMTT) from the ground up. TMTT is dedicated to solving the complex challenges of mitral and tricuspid disease in order to transform treatment and significantly improve patients’ lives.
This role will be focused on leading a team of Associate Managers and Analysts focused on the processes involved in guiding patients through trial screening.
Plan and direct complex activities with large scale or significant business impact with the accountability for successful completion of all deliverables. Lead in identifying risk, developing mitigation strategies, alternative solutions, resolving issues in collaboration with cross functional and/or matrix teams
Identify risk, develop and lead in the implementation of broad and more complex clinical patient screenings strategies which may include negotiations with internal and external parties
Manage and oversee the work of a team with financial budget responsibilities. Develop a robust talent development plan in alignment with functional growth strategies of the department
Anticipate future needs and oversee the development of content and present trial data and protocol reviews externally (e.g., trial meetings and conferences) in collaboration with physicians and KOLs and present to internal stakeholders (e.g. executive and department team meetings)
Plan, oversee, and lead in the development of procedures and supportive training materials (e.g., work instruction, slide deck) that guide clinical patient screening processes
Oversee primary leads of multiple clinical trials including developing global cross-functional protocols.
Bachelor's Degree with twelve years of previous related patient screening/imaging experience required
Master's Degree a plus
Licenses and verifications in related field preferred
• Demonstrated track record in people management required
• Proven successful project management leadership skills
• Proven expertise in Microsoft Office Suite and related tools and systems
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills including high discretion/judgment in decision making
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• Expert understanding of clinical procedures while addressing issues with impact beyond own team based on knowledge of related disciplines
• Expert understanding of related aspects of clinical patient screening processes and/or systems
• Knowledge of financial mechanism that relates to clinical patient screening
• Demonstrated ability to manage assigned team and provide coaching and feedback, including responsibility for all employee actions including hire/fire authority and partnering with HR on all aspects of employee relations
• Ability to develop and integrate metrics into the projects and operations that clearly demonstrate the value of clinical patient screening to the business
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
• Ability to work and excel within a fast paced, dynamic, and constantly changing work environment
• Based in Irvine, CA
• Relocation provided
The time is now to join TMTT and shape mitral and tricuspid therapies that will transform treatment. Don’t miss your chance to be part of a dynamic, challenging, and rewarding environment that offers potential for growth and professional advancement for the right candidate.
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.